POSITION: Admin. Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Centre manager
HOURS:To begin in September 2014: 16 hours weekly: 8.30-2pm on Saturdays, and 4.30-7.30pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The remaining hours may be completed flexibly, as approved by Centre Manager.
1) Fully administer the MCEC Saturday and Evening Schools
2) Provide administrative support for the variety of activities which are hosted by the MCEC
- To undertake reception duties, postage, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- Undertake pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff in accordance with School procedure.
- Provide general clerical support i.e. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, completing routine forms and responding to routine correspondence.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/returns/management information systems such as staffing, admission and pupil records.
- Process registers and notify relevant parties of attendance and punctuality issues
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks including the production of letters
- Take notes/minutes of meetings as required, i.e. school committees and staff meetings
- Maintain stationery and consumables stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required.
- Respond to queries from worshippers, staff, pupils and parents, [via email, text and other means of communication].
- Update various publications and documents to update inaccuracies and annual changes, as and when requested
To undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required from time to time.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Be aware of and comply with policies relating to child protection, health & safety
- Keep confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to centre manager.
- Contribute to the overall work and ethos of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other people in the team
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties and tasks required and important for the running of MCEC’s general admin work.
1. To have good command in using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc
2. To have expertise in the admin field, preferably school admin.
3. To have good communication capabilities, preferably within Islamic institutes.
Full training will be provided in the current systems used at the MCEC Saturday and Evening Schools, and an enhance DBS check will be carried out on the successful post holder.
Will be £7.00, per hour.
Please note all successful candidates will be subject to CRB/DBS checks.
How to apply:
Please submit your CVs and application letters by 1st June 2014 to [email protected]