Alhamdulillah the blessed month of Ramadan is with us again with the first of Ramadan being Thursday 17th May 2018.
Join us for Tarawih led by Br Shabbir Hassan and our team of Huffadh on Wednesday 16th May straight after Isha at 10:10 pm. Keep us in your prayers.
In an effort to reduce paper wastage we are limiting the number of paper copies of this year’s Ramadan timetable.
Brothers can pray Isha and Tarawih prayers on the ground floor and some rooms on the first floor.
Sisters can pray on the First Floor mezzanine and in the rooms to the rear on the first floor. If you have young children (under 10) please ensure they are with you at ALL times and in the creche. Nursing mothers can use the Creche as well.
During the last 10 nights of Ramadan, tahajjud prayers in congregation can be offered; exact times will be announced by the mosque. Prayers usually last one hour
Behaviour in prayer halls and the rest of the centre
- Switch off or set to silence all mobile phones
- No Food or Drink in the prayer halls
- No reserving of places in the prayer halls for friends or relatives. First come, first served.
- Respect and respond to the advice given by the stewards. Help them to help you.
- Do not switch on or off fans. Sit away from them if they are an issue.
- Do not correct the Imam’s recitation, the other designated huffaz do this
- No TALKING in prayer hall before, during or after prayers.
- Talk in the foyer or outside and do not disturb others still praying.
- Tarawih prayers are sunnah so please respect those who choose to do what suits their needs and when you finish leave the hall quietly.
- All children must at all times be with an adult responsible for them. Especially during prayers.
- Unaccompanied children will be removed to sit in the foyer. The adult responsible for them will be told the keep children at home. If no responsible adult is found then the police will be called.
- Sisters can use the Creche facilities upstairs. Please ask a steward for directions
Outside the Centre, within its grounds
- When the car park is full, it is full, including that for the disabled, so come early. Park your car sensibly. Be considerate of neighbours and respect the LAW.
- Cars with 3 or more people can park in the car park (or 2 elderly persons)
- Please do not congregate outside the Mosque.
- Do not cause disturbance to neighbours, they have a right to sleep.
Health and safety in the Centre
- All passages must be kept clear.
- Fire escapes must be kept clear.
- Footwear must be kept in designated racks or areas.
- If you have an infectious illness stay at home.
- All rubbish must be placed in bins or take it home.
- All wudu areas must be kept clean. Be considerate and respect others.