17th March 2020
MCEC, Palmers Green Mosque
Immediate Advice to All
The Board of Trustees have consulted with health professionals and Imams and other mosques before issuing the following advice:
We recommend the following as of Immediate effect
- Make wudhu from home
- Shorten Fardh Salah with Jamaat
- Pray sunnah & nawaafil at home
- Avoid social gatherings after Salah
- Everyone must leave the masjid immediately after the prayers.
- The masjid will close 30 minutes after each prayer.
- All madrasah, lectures, circles, meetings and private hall bookings have been cancelled.
We strongly suggest the following persons to PRAY SALAH AT HOME:
- Over 70’s
- Those with existing illnesses & a weak immune system
The following persons MUST NOT attend the masjid under any circumstance:
- Anyone with symptoms such as persistent coughing, Temperature (37.8+), Shortness of breath.
- Anyone who has returned from abroad must stay at home for a minimum of 14 days.
- Anyone who is a member of a household that has experienced any of the above symptoms within the past 14 days
Latest MCB, Muslim Council of Britain, advice is to suspend all congregational prayers, resulting in the increased likelihood that Friday Prayers will be suspended entirely. Our advice at this stage will serve as a transition to future stages of closure.
We are closely monitoring updates from the UK government & will issue updates as things develop. The Masjid will remain open for normal prayers: however Musallees must prepare for full closure if required.
WE PUT OUR TRUST IN ALLAH – WE ASK FOR YOUR SUPPORT
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS GUIDANCE.