MCEC – Palmers Green Mosque is recruiting
This is an opportunity to join a well established team running both Saturday and Evening schools and working to continuously improve this service for the community.
This part time role (8 hours per week) is an exciting and challenging one that is critical to the functioning of the Saturday and Evening schools. Both schools are significantly oversubscribed and the role of the Administrator is to be the public face for parents and pupils alike.
The School Admin will be responsible for devising and implementing systems and procedures for all responsibilities described below:
- Respond to queries from staff, pupils and parents, throughout the week, i.e. updating registers, communication with parents, & other school admin related work.
- To monitor student absences and initiate withdrawals.
- To monitor school vacancies and supervise infilling.
- To act as first point of contact for parents regarding school policy changes, queries and complaints.
- Assist the principal in the timetabling of staff, including the playground rota, events and class schedules.
- Assist the principal in quality assurance and improvement activities.
- Assist the principal in the recruitment of staff and HR processes.
- Assist the principal in updating school policies.
- To undertake reception duties, school postage, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- Undertake pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff in accordance with School procedure.
- Provide general clerical support i.e. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, completing routine forms and responding to routine correspondence.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/returns/management information systems such as staffing, admission and pupil records, using any record keeping system in place.
- Process and keep student timesheets.
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks including the production of letters
- Take notes/minutes of meetings as required, i.e. school committees and staff meetings
- Maintain stationery and consumables stock and supplies for the whole school, cataloguing and distributing as required.
- Coordinating communications between other personnel of the centre
- Any other task, related to the work & asked by management.
- An intermediate understanding of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and a fast leaner
- Strong organisational skills
- Previous experience in an administrative role preferable
Application process: Please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected], with the subject line: ‘School Admin Job Application’ by June 30th
For more details on the role and to apply click here
*Please note that whilst lockdown measures are in place due to Covid-19, interviews will take place via Zoom